STRAIN: DSCT Dark Star Chemdog Tangie (UPDATED 06/30/20)
PURCHASED: Mission, Catonsville
+uplifting/ energizing euphoria
+promotes free associative thinking
+increase in focus
+alleviates mental tension/ stress
–although slight, there may be some potential to cause self-consciousness or feelings of general anxiety in those with less experience or lower tolerance for mind-racing Sativa strains.
+some muscle tension relief*
+nice Indica body “buzz” sensation
+some “haze-daze” / spacey feeling*
+/– mild to medium increase in heart rate
+/– mild appetite increase
+relaxation of muscles / most notably in stomach muscles
–dry “cotton” mouth
“…despite its propensity to cause an initial cerebral rush, DSCT is quite capable of neutralizing stress and anxiety.”
All Day / seems to have more effect on me in the morning or the evening especially at 23%, when this strain is usually well above 25% in THCa potency.
USES: (MEDICINAL + RECREATIONAL)
- Negative thought replacement /CBT
- Neutralizes negative feelings like frustration and anger
- Could be used to treat ADD/(ADHD)(Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity)Disorder)
- Can be useful in helping migraine headache symptoms especially when detected and addressed in the early pre-migraine stages , usual called the “aura” of a migraine
*NOTE: despite its propensity to cause an initial cerebral rush, DSCT is quite capable of neutralizing stress and anxiety
- Creative endeavors/pastimes
- Outdoor activities; yard work, gardening, hiking, swimming, fishing, etc.
- Any repetitive task that requires focus and attention to detail
*NOTE: DSCT seems to enhance any activity and it can provide a considerable increase in focus.
APPEARANCE (consistency) :
“DSCT is quite the mixture of genetics and it is glaringly reflected in its coloration.”
DSCT is a gorgeous flower, with a myriad of leaf color contrasted by white crystalline white trichomes and blazing orange stigma/pistils/•hairs”.
This batch was slightly more dull in color than previous batches and also less potent. However, even 23% DSCT is going to be quite effective. Out of the 1/4 ounce I purchased from Mission, Catonsville, most buds were medium to large, thick, but spongey texture.
Although appearing more like a run-of-the-mill Sativa at first glance, upon closer inspection Dark Star Chemdog Tangie is quite unique and distinct in its own way.
DSCT is quite the mixture of genetics and it is glaringly reflected in its coloration. It really seems as though three distinct strains were indeed used in creating this flower since there are three different colors present in the buds: light to light-mint green, a darker green, and blotched areas of dark purple. Thick and resinous rusty orange stigma/pistils/“hairs” in clustered clumps are found throughout in outcropped clusters. Trichome coverage is generous and evenly dispersed albeit in tinier crystals than usual.
Good For Bowls and Rolls:
There will be some loose leaf fallout, but for the most part even these sticky, spongy buds are best prepared with a few twists of a grinder, especially if you are rolling.
AROMA: (stronger in previous batches)
- Earth- pine /verging on skunk scent
- Citrus -tangerine
- Herb-freshly cut garlic clove (post grind)
- Chem-Fruit Stripe Gum/ misc. artificially flavored fruit gum
- Chem-undertone of a creamsicle-type orange -cream scent
TASTE: (stronger in previous batches)
- Citrus- tangerine /orange
- Sweet -cream / sweet Moroccan hash
- Earth- pine
- Herbal – rich creamy-mint -like taste
- Chem- undertone of a creamsicle-type orange -cream taste
A CLOSER LOOK INSIDE:
Even at 22.8% THCa, this batch of DSCT is quite potent with 0.60 Delta-9 THC and 1.69% of myrcene. For instance the pinene is a meager 0.07% and the
Also, there is more of a psychoactive, almost psychedelic, potency to DSCT than some of the terpene percentages in this batch may suggest. This spacey-“trippy” quasi- psychedelic/psychoactive effect is propelled onward by DSCT’s Tangie genetics.
THE LONG ROAD HOME (my toke…)
Wow I don’t know if tri-cross pollinated strains will be a new trend in cannabis horticulture but DSCT has benefited greatly from this ménage a trois union and, well, so have we. I would classify this as a “Tri-Bred”
“This strain really offers the full spectrum of medicinal and recreational effects. “
It is an incredibly balanced and effective combination of three potent strains.
1. Chemdog-a classic powerhouse Indica who’s exact genetics are a bit mysterious
2. Dark Star-a more refined version of an Indica offering deep cerebral tranquility
3. Tangie -one of the most well thought of sativa dominant (70/30)strains, emblematic of a classic sativa. Tangie and it’s near relatives in the Tangie family offer a very uplifting and invigorating effects which have been passed on to DSCT.
This strain really offers the full spectrum of medicinal and recreational effects. The strong overbearing presence of satuva sensations is accompanied by very relaxing indica physical sensations from the 2 to 1 (indica to sativa ) hybrid create an interesting balance of sorts.
Where some Sativa Indica hybrids lead you inevitably to bed, DSCT’s journey will lead you to the outer limits of spaciness, and leave you there like a stranded cosmonaut. This “spacey” is not without its positives, but it should be noted here. I personally find this to be the second most enjoyable effect of DSCT, aside from the creative inspiration and the increase in focus.